Sports Aid 2021
Scottish sporting governing bodies have been invited to nominate their most promising athletes for consideration by SportsAid Scotland for grants to be awarded in 2022.
Any athlete that is keen to be nominated by Scottish Archery should consider the criteria below:
- We are limited in the number of athletes we can nominate so please read the criteria carefully before applying.
- The athlete is likely to represent Scotland on our GB strand at senior level, and to succeed on the national and international stage.
- The deadline for submitting your interest to Scottish Archery is Monday 8th November, no submissions will be considered after this point.
- All submissions must come via Scottish Archery.
- Nominated able-bodied athletes must be aged 12 to 22 inclusive, on 1st December 2021. They must have at least reached the standard where they are in the top 3 of their age group in Scotland, and are competing in British age group competitions. There is a maximum age limit of 45 years on 1st December 2021 in respect of athletes competing in disability events.
- Athletes in receipt of lottery-funded ‘World Class athlete’ APAs, sportscotland APAs and/or ‘Winning Students’ awards will be not be considered for awards through Sports Aid. Please do NOT nominate athletes who fall within these categories.
- If we have more submissions that meet the criteria than the number of athletes we can nominate, we will need to consider the strength of each submission. To this end it would be very useful if evidence was provided that considers our 'What it takes to win' model.
If you would like to be considered for Sports Aid funding please return the application form by email to our Pathways Manager - Alan Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday 8th November at the very latest.